Table of Contents
Can You Drink Tap Water in Tbilisi?
Yes, tap water is drinkable.
Tap Safe includes data from many publicly available sources, including the WHO (World Health Organization), CDC (Center for Disease Control), and user submitted databases, but unfortunately there's not enough data about Tbilisi.
To see user submitted ratings of the water quality for Georgia, see the "User Submitted Ratings" box on this page.
A common question about Georgia''s capital is, if you can drink tap water from Tbilisi Shutterstockogoria. If you ask that question to an expert Georgian, the answer would be a resounding "no". This is because the water coming from Georgian springs and rivers is completely safe to drink. In other words, you don''t have to worry about what you''re drinking.
When you travel to Tbilisi Shutterstockogoria, it is quite important that you take care of your health as well as take water with you. Therefore, it would be wise to make sure you know the answers to the following question:
- Can you drink tap water from Tbilisi Shutterstockogoria? The answer is yes. However, you should be aware that there are no facilities or companies that provide this service. It is a common belief that if you have Georgian water sources in your home, you can drink them.
- Do I need to have a licence to drink Georgian waters? - No, you don''t need to have a licence
The estimated price of bottled water
$0.43 in USD (1.5-liter)
USER SUBMITTED RATINGS
- Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 31% Low
- Water Pollution 49% Moderate
- Drinking Water Quality and Accessibility 70% High
- Water Quality 51% Moderate
The above data is comprised of subjective, user submitted opinions about the water quality and pollution in Tbilisi, measured on a scale from 0% (lowest) to 100% (highest).
Always take extra precautions, the water may be safe to drink when it leaves the sewage treatment plant but it may pick up pollutants during its way to your tap. We advise that you ask locals or hotel staff about the water quality. Also, note that different cities have different water mineral contents.