The estimated price of bottled water
$1.75 in USD (1.5-liter)
Can You Drink Tap Water in Carbondale?
Currently, there is no available public data about water quality in Carbondale. But the average water quality in Illinois is %.
There was no general information available in WHO data about safely managed drinking water in Carbondale. You may check the rate of travelers and residents of Illinois water quality.'
Tap water in Carbondale, Illinois is not exactly a healthy place for your health. Here are some of the reasons why:
* Carbondale United States was one of the worst hit areas of the country during the recent drought. Not only does this mean that you have less water sources available to you but there is also a greater threat of being exposed to contaminated water as well. A recent article reported, "Residents'' wells have experienced a rise in contaminants."
* If you have been suffering from tooth loss or other dental concerns in Carbondale, it would be wise to visit your dentist sooner rather than later. This is a city where many people have lost their dental teeth due to cavities or other issues. Even more alarming is that nearly 10% of the population of Carbondale has never had their teeth professionally cleaned.
* If you have a family member who suffers from a dental problem in Carbondale, it is important to make sure you catch it befor
What Do People In Illinois Think About The Tap Water?
Travelers and residents of Illinois have rated the water quality and pollution as follows, according to subjective survey data. A score of 100% is considered very high, and a score of 0% is very low. Please be cautious that "moderate to very high" water pollution is bad and the higher the rate of water quality the better.
Tap water ratings
- Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility % Very Low
- Water Pollution % Very Low
- Drinking Water Quality and Accessibility % Very Low
- Water Quality % Very Low
EWG's drinking water quality report shows results of tests conducted by the water utility and provided to the Environmental Working Group by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, as well as information from the U.S. EPA Enforcement and Compliance History database (ECHO). For the latest quarter assessed by the U.S. EPA (January 2019 - March 2019), tap water provided by this water utility was in compliance with federal health-based drinking water standards.
- Serves: 25597
- Data available: 2012-2017
- Data Source: Surface water
- Total: 19
Contaminants That Exceed Guidelines
- Dichloroacetic acid
- Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs)
- Trichloroacetic acid
Other Detected Contaminants
- Chromium (hexavalent)
- Haloacetic acids (HAA5)
- Monobromoacetic acid
- Monochloroacetic acid
- Nitrate and nitrite
Always take extra precautions, the water may be safe to drink when it leaves the sewage treatment plant but it may pick up pollutants during its way to your tap. We advise that you ask locals or hotel staff about the water quality. Also, note that different cities have different water mineral contents.
Sources and Resources
Check tap water safety for other popular destinations
Check tap water safety for other cities in Illinois
- Arlington Heights
- Blue Island
- Buffalo Grove
- Burbank (south Stickney)
- Burr Ridge
- Calumet City
- Carol Stream
- Chicago Heights
- Chicago Ridge